Saturday, November 17, 2012

Let's get it on... A strategy.

As far as I learn how to working out a blog, I expect to expand and improve all subjetcs aborded. For now, the initial strategy for dealing with spacetime problem will be divided in 4 branches:
  1. Real old-fashioned-book-hitting research.
  2. Real physics and online paper research.
  3. General views about what I'm learning along the way.
  4. Dealing with dead ends.

First point is quite predictable. General relativity has been around since 1915, so there are a lot of books and works from remarkable people which I must tackle in the first place. As everyone interested in the subject, I've read a couple of scientific popular-science-like texts, primary in the field of special relativity. But I must continue and math must be faced, so let's be it. 
My intention is summarizing the important points -the ones I consider important, at least- with the fewer math possible. Two objectives with this:
  • Learning from different sources make the main point visible from different views.
  • Trying to make an own personal data base in case future and detailed reference is needed.

Second point is quite more and adventure, because it needs some basics before I can face it. Alcubierre drive is one of the subjects I want to understand, for instance, and prior to that I must understand a little about spacetime tensorial math.  Of course, I can read the paper -I've done it- and summarizing it, but the sad truth is I don't know if its conclusions are true or not because I don't get the details. The power of Math is different people can agree about something without doubt. Math is not like politics, nor literary debates, nor like anything else. It is true or not -under certain premises. 
Losing this, is like converting math in cheap and bad philosophy. That's bad, by the way. Bad. And you should feel bad.

In the third branch I'll try to explain things I've understood -or I think I've understood- along the way, oriented of course to the construction of something. But patience with this, please. There are a lot of things to learn first.

Fourth point is going to put me in the bullseye of internet rage, but I must confront it too. While I was looking for info about possible devices and experiments in spacetime I found tons and tons of junk and pseudoscience. I'm not an authority, I don't want to judge no one, but dude...

There are seriously twisted crap out there.

This has value, as far as can point out things I must absolutely not to do. My mind, nevertheless, will be open. Not opened enough to make my brain slip off, like someone said once, but opened.

That's the plan. Let's see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment