Saturday, October 19, 2013

EFE -for beginners!

A short post again, sorry.
Looking for info into old posts, youtube has pointed out a nice video from user DrPhysicsA which seems... shiny!

Old fashinated english accent (I think it's English, pretty sure not American nor Australian, nor Irish... what else could it be?) for 2 hours of EFE fun!





The video covers some basics which makes of it a boring and useful tool for starters... Like me :)
I must confess I haven't watched it yet completely, but all things I've seen so far seem right, so I'm confident it's a good aid.
One of the things I like from the teacher (let's call him that way) is he's very clear and straightforward in his explanations. One example is the definition he gives of curvature as a measure of the variation of the angle in a vector, parallel transported along the curved surface. It sounds awful, but he explains it in the video with a doodle which makes it a conceptual piece of cake!

For that and the clear calligraphy, and the clear accent, and the clear everything, I must dedicate this post to him.

Thanks DrPhysicsA.




No comments:

Post a Comment